Developing Soil Conservation and Water Quality Plans for Wicomico County farms is a key function of the district’s technical staff. These are comprehensive farm management plans that identify existing and potential pollution concerns.
They allow the farmer to implement best management practices to both protect the area’s natural resources and improve profitability. The district aims to develop a plan for each of the county’s farming operations. Conservation plans are not mandatory unless a farm is granted state or federal money for cost-share programs, agricultural land preservation programs, or if the farm falls within the Chesapeake Bay Critical Area.
If you are interested in having a plan created for your farm, please contact our office.
- Agricultural Conservation Leasing Guide
- Beginning Farmer Guidebook
- Chesapeake TMDL Maps & Tracker
- Custom Farm Rates
- Maryland Noxious Weed ID Guide
- Maryland Real Property Search
- Web Soil Survey (WSS)
- Northeast Cover Crop Council Cover Crop Species Selection Tool
- Concrete Contractors
- Pollinator Planting Contractors
- CREP Planting Contractors
- Energy Contractors
- Excavation Contractors
- PWSS and DPCF Contractors
- Ag Land Preservation
- Animal Waste Technology Fund
- Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
- Cover Crop Program
- Manure Transport & Matching Service
- Maryland Agricultural Water Quality Cost Share Program (MACS)
- University of Maryland Extension